Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Betfred says Liverpool have little chance in the league

click to visit Betfrewd and take the 8-1 odds on LiverpoolManchester based bookmaker Fred Done has again thrown down the gauntlet to his football arch-rivals from Merseyside by pushing Liverpool out to 8/1 to win the 2008-09 Premier League title.

Done is encouraging the 'Scousers' to back their team with his company Betfred at the biggest price available, so confident is he that the Reds' spell without a championship victory will stretch to 19 years even though they have just splashed out £20.3million on striker Robbie Keane.

Done, a huge Manchester United fan and official bookmaker of the Old Trafford club, said: "Punters know I'm always happy to take on Liverpool, more so now than ever because I don't believe they have anything like what will be needed to win the title next term.

"I think paying £20.3million for Robbie Keane is a waste of money because I can’t see it working with him and Fernando Torres in the same team. Liverpool were clearly fourth best last season and I don't see how their signings this summer will improve them all that much."

Done envisages a third consecutive Premier League crown for his beloved United and believes the domestic and European champions can only build on their fantastic 2007-08 campaign.

"I agree with Sir Alex Ferguson that Chelsea are unlikely to improve much, while Arsenal have lost some key players," he said.

"I can only see it being an 18th title for United, which would put them level with Liverpool. But if the Scousers disagree, I urge them to put their red shirt on, walk into one of my shops and back their team with me at 8/1."

So - if you're a Liverpool fan and you think that Mr Done is full of **** then get along to Betfred and have a punt

No comments: