Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

David Silva arrives at Manchester City aiming for a top four finish in England

David Silva has joined Manchester City from Valencia in a five-year deal reportedly worth £24 million.

Silva arrived at his new club to complete a medical after helping Spain to their maiden World Cup success in South Africa. The 24-year-old's move to City was announced while he was on World Cup duty.

That contract was enough to prise Silva away from his boyhood club Valencia, where he signed as a 14-year-old, and he hopes to make an immediate impression in his new surroundings after Roberto Mancini's richly-assembled squad narrowly missed out on a Champions League place last season.

"I am looking forward to starting the season with my new team, I'm excited about my new team," Silva told Manchesters City's official website http://www.mcfc.co.uk/.

"And I will be happy if at the end we are in the Champions League - or if we win a trophy.

No comments: