Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Carling Cup Semi-final - Arsenal 3-0 Ipswich

Arsenal reach Wembley after a prolonged absence - with a 3-1 aggregate win

Nil-nil at halftime - and words like "firetruck" (only smaller like f ...uck!) were being used a lot around my PC.

I got on with some work - pretending not to care - and when I next checked the football livescores the Arsenal were 2-0 up!!

Cue more pretending not to care, and ignoring the game, and lo and behold I'd managed to ignore another goal for the Arse who were 3-0 up and cruising. Obviously we could only score last night if I was not actually watching.

You can catch video highlights of the good bits on the Arsenal Video Page. It's safe to do so - that game is over - we can't jinx anything now!

Who do you want as opponents in the final? Birmingham City or West Ham?

It might only be the Carling Cup final but I'd like to see West Ham get there too - that Trevor Brooking headered goal in 1980 still traumatises me - and I'm still harbouring a 30-year grudge ;-)

No comments: