Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Carlos Tevez odds on to leave Manchester City

UK bookmaker Victor Chandler are offering 4/6 that Carlos Tevez will move from Manchester City before September 1st 2011.

Tevez gave an interview entirely in Spanish but has been quoted making critical comments about life in Manchester.

The Telegraph quotes Tevez as saying: "I don't have any new friends. I am always with my family and lifelong friends. I don't even leave my house. I'm the stay-at-home type."

Tevez continues "There is nothing to do in Manchester. The problem is I'm still speaking very poor English. When I finish my contract I will not return to Manchester ever – not even on holiday."

When pressed on what was wrong with the City, Tevez reportedly replied: "The weather, everything. It has nothing."

If you still think that Carlos Tevez will stay then Victor Chandler are offering 11/10 that Carlos Tevez is still a Manchester City player at the end of the summer transfer window.

Victor Chandler spokesperson Charlie McCann said: "Tevez would be a much bigger price to stay if it wasn't for the fact that he is on an astronomical wage. There must be every chance that the City skipper will go out on loan, in which case, for the purposes of our market, he would still be construed as a City player."

McCann continued "He can surely have no future back at Eastlands but how many clubs in the world can afford 100 per cent of his current wage?"

No comments: